Call for Expression of Interest for a consultancy work to evaluate implementation and performance of the project titled “Strengthening small scale farmers voices in influencing and monitoring the implementation of the AU Malabo Declaration Goals in Eastern and Southern Africa in short (INFLUENCE III
Eastern and Southern Africa Small Scale Farmers’ Forum (ESAFF) is a small-scale farmer’s movement in 16 countries that empowers small scale farmers to reduce poverty, vulnerability and hunger by influencing agriculture policies and budgeting processes. Through advocacy, ESAFF advocates for more resources allocation to the agriculture sector and enabling environment to enable farmers monitor funds allocated to different projects from village, district level (through public expenditure tracking surveys) sustainably increased production and productivity, access to profitable and equitable markets.
ESAFF is implementing a project titled strengthening small scale farmers voices in influencing and monitoring the implementation of the AU Malabo Declaration Goals in Eastern and Southern Africa in short (INFLUENCE III). Project’s total budget of EURO 504,000 funded by Bread for the World (BfdW) and matching from ESAFF and other donors. The project is implemented in 7 weaker countries (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Lesotho, eSwatini, South Africa, Zambia.) who received full funding support in terms of coordination, office rent and activities implementation while other 9 ESAFF members received partial funding support mainly agriculture budget analysis and engagements.
The project started in January 2020 and ending in December 2022.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CONSULTANCY
Eligible consultants are invited to submit their proposals in providing the consultancy services of evaluation of implementation of the project. The services to be provided will include but not limited to;
- Evaluate the performance of the project in terms of its stated indicators under each key result area of 2020-2022 project implementation period under OECD criteria.
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the design of the project.
- To draw synergy and weakness of the design of the project and its achievements.
- To identify lessons learnt and insights generated.
- Provide recommendations for the next project design and similar programmes in future and,
- Write comprehensive report regarding the processes, issues and lesson learnt.
ELIGIBILITY AND APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- Qualified and experienced international individual consultants are invited to undertake the above-mentioned services as from 5th – 20th August 2022 which are further detailed in the Terms of reference for this assignment. Successful consultant will be selected in accordance with the provisions set forth in the guideline for selection and employment of consultants by BfdW standards
- Interested consultants are required to submit their technical, financial proposals, methodology and approach to the assignment.
- In submitting expressions of interest, interested consultants must provide updated curriculum vitae, indicating personal and technical skills, academic qualifications, experience with small scale farmer’s organisation in Eastern Africa and Southern Africa with at least two (2) referees with contact information (email address, mobile telephone, skype or what’s app number), knowledge of languages English and French will be of added advantage.
Interested consultants may obtain further information (in English) for the assignment from the web address www.esaff.org or by requesting via email.
Expressions of interests must be submitted in electronic copy to the email- address below no later than 1st July 2022 (before 12:00 noon East Africa hours).
Eastern and Southern Africa Small Scale Farmer’s Forum (ESAFF)
Morogoro Regional Post Office Building.
P.O. Box 1782, Morogoro-Tanzania
Old DSM Rd/Kitope Road-Plot No. 62/18 Zone ii
Tel: +255767486183 / +255685804737
Website: www.esaff.orgClick Me Click Me